harem - транскрипция, произношение и перевод онлайн

Транскрипция и произношение слова "harem" в британском и американском вариантах. Подробный перевод и примеры.

harem / гарем
[ˈhɑː.riːm]
[hɑːˈriːm]
Перевод
имя существительное
гарем
harem, seraglio, zenana
Определения
имя существительное
(in former times) the separate part of a Muslim household reserved for wives, concubines, and female servants.
Among the striking objects on display are the wooden doors designed by the famous architect Sinan for the harem of the sultan Murad III in 1578, and measuring over 2.5 metres in height.
Примеры
The maneless lions had no trouble attracting a healthy harem of females - the Tsavo prides were surprisingly large, with seven or eight females, and were ruled by a single male lion.
The key passage in the novel presents Son Klin, one of the young ladies of the harem , and the fictional extension of Hidden Perfume, as fixated with Stowe's book.
Gorilla groups are generally polygynous, consisting of one silverback male, his harem of several adult females, their young, and one or more subordinate males.
In the harem , the younger wives beg the older for stories of him and the tales begin to unravel, his kindness, his teasing, his passion, his laughter
Take a handsome rich guy who could easily get most any woman that he wanted, then set him up in a mansion with a harem of beautiful young women who will do anything to stay for another episode.
the dominant bulls gather a harem of anything from two to ten cows
we were invited into the harem in the rear of the house
He travelled 1,500 miles across the desert to the Fifth Cataract, with his collapsible wooden camera, barrels of distilled water and a darkroom tent - which villagers thought housed a harem .
A stallion starts a harem by abducting females from other herds, but the dominant stallions from which he steals do not give up their females easily.
Among the striking objects on display are the wooden doors designed by the famous architect Sinan for the harem of the sultan Murad III in 1578, and measuring over 2.5 metres in height.